|The Office of Advancement is responsible for the leadership and management of Trinity’s efforts to build and maintain the school’s extended community of parents and grandparents, alumni and alumnae and their parents, and our many friends and to secure philanthropic support.|
Working closely with the Head of School, the Trustees, the Parents' Association, and an ever-growing cadre of volunteers from all segments of the Trinity community, the Advancement Office is responsible for:
- The Trinity Fund, the school’s annual fund program
- The Holiday Fair and the Spring Benefit, as well as many other special events
- The Senior Class Gift
- Securing restricted gifts for special projects
- Securing major gifts to build Trinity’s endowment which provides for the long term financial health of the school
- Alumni and alumnae relations
- Communications, publications, and public relations
|The Trinity Fund is the school’s annual giving program. The Fund provides critical unrestricted support for the basic operation of the school - including faculty compensation and financial aid. Like all independent schools, Trinity relies on three income streams to sustain its operating budget: tuition, income from endowment and gifts to The Trinity Fund.
The Trinity Fund can be thought of as the school’s checking account (money to be used for current expenses) and the endowment as its savings account (keep capital, gain interest). Together, the Trinity Fund and interest from the endowment that the Board decides to spend annually, account for approximately seventeen percent of the school’s budget.
The 1709 Society:
Named in honor of the School’s founding year, the 1709 Society recognizes leadership gifts to the Trinity Fund. The 1709 Society is comprised of members of the entire Trinity community - including parents, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents and friends.
1709 Society Gift Club Levels
|The William Huddleston Council
||$50,000 and above
|The Founders Club
|The Headmaster’s Circle
The Blue & Gold Club of The 1709 Society recognizes leadership donors among our young alumni.
Patron: Classes of 1998-2012 - $500 and above
Sponsor: Classes of 1998-2012 - $250-$499
Supporter: Classes of 2003-2012 - $100-$249
(Not a 1709 Society Category)
|All Gifts Under $1,709
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted – You can make a credit card gift on our secured giving portal at www.support.trinityschoolnyc.org/trinityfund
- Checks or Money Orders - should be made payable to Trinity School and should be sent to: Trinity School, Advancement Office, 139 West 91st Street, New York, NY 10024
- Securities Gifts – Gifting appreciated securities allows you to deduct the full value of the gift, without incurring capital gains. If you are considering a gift of securities, please contact the Advancement Office at (212) 932-6975 for instructions and more information.
- Matching Gifts - Many companies offer matching gift programs or donor incentive programs that can increase the value of a donor’s gift. Check to see if your company matches gifts by clicking the link on the giving page under “Matching Gifts”.
Contact the Office of Advancement
|Telephone: (212) 932-6860|
Fax: (212) 932-6953
Office of Advancement
139 West 91st Street
New York, NY 10024-1326