We may not be able to determine if openings could occur in these grades until early in 2017
. So that we can communicate with you during the admissions season, we ask that you:
1. Submit the completed application.
Please email: email@example.com
to request an application for Grades 10-11.
Please do not submit an application fee
. We will request an application fee if we are able to interview your family.
It will be helpful for us to have a photograph of your child. Please mail one if you have one available (with your child’s name and the grade sought written on the back). We prefer a small photo of your child’s face, but feel free to send an alternate shot if it is more convenient for you.
Admissions Office 5-12
139 West 91st Street
New York NY 10024
2. Arrange for testing. Take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT).
Please search online for registration information about the ISEE and SSAT.
You must indicate that Trinity should receive a score report.
We prefer that applicants take the test early in the fall.
3. Plan to ask a current teacher of English, history, math, or science to fill out the reference form
. You do not need to request a reference unless we let you know that you will be interviewed and considered for admission. At the time that you make the reference request, please provide the teacher with a stamped envelope, addressed to our office (see address above). If you would like to submit additional references, feel free to make copies of the form. Only one academic reference is required.
4. Submit the transcript release form to your current school when you request the reference
. The form makes it possible for academic records to be sent to us. The transcript we receive should include work from the fall term, as well as all work from the previous year
5. Come to Trinity for a tour and interview. If we will have openings for which we can consider you, we will call you to schedule a visit. If we are not able to consider your application, we will let you know, and return your application fee before the end of the academic year.
6. There are no Trinity School student essay questions to answer for our application, however we will evaluate the essay writing sample produced during standardized testing.
Parents may submit a statement about their child. This statement is optional.
If you would like to submit a statement, please tell us anything that will help the committee to know your child. You may wish to discuss why you think that Trinity School is a good match for your child, your child's interests and accomplishments, and/or your child's experiences in school to date.
ALL REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED AT TRINITY BY MONDAY 9 JANUARY.