This is a basic outline of our procedures. You will receive more detailed instructions once you apply for admission.
The application requests a photograph of the applicant. We prefer a small photo of the candidate’s face.
2. Tour, Interview, and Application Fee. New students enter Trinity at Kindergarten, and the vast majority of those students remain with us through 12th grade. Occasionally, a student in grades 4-6 leaves the school, creating an opening for a new student in our 5th, 6th, or 7th grade.
We do not expect to know if we will have openings, or how many we may have, until the middle of the academic year. A grade may have no openings at all for new students or it may have one or two. It is highly unusual for us to fill more than a very small number of places.
We would like to be able to consider your child for any openings that may occur. We will most likely schedule interviews during the early winter for grades 5-7. After we determine where openings may exist, we will contact you.
We regret the uncertainty that you will face during the next few months.
We will request an application fee from you if we are able to meet you for a tour and interview.
3. Arrange for Testing
. Applicants to grades 5, 6, and 7 should take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
. Contact the Educational Records Bureau in Manhattan (New York NY) online or by phone. You must list Trinity as a school to which you want scores sent. We prefer that applicants take the test early in the fall. Our ISEE school code is 334090.
4. Ask a current teacher of English, history, math, or science to fill out the reference form.
After you apply, you may make a request for an academic reference be submitted online, or a reference may be submitted to our office offline. We want to receive the reference at the end of your child’s first fall term.
If you would like to submit more than one reference, you may do so, but only one is required. A teacher of any subject may submit an additional academic recommendation.
5. Submit the transcript release form to the current school so that we can
receive a transcript after the candidate’s first fall term.
6. There are no Trinity School student essay questions to answer for our application, however we will evaluate the essay writing sample produced during standardized testing.
7. We will be happy to receive a parents’ statement about the applicant, but this statement is optional.
If you would like to submit a statement, please tell us anything that will help the committee to know your child. You may wish to discuss why you think that Trinity School is a good match for your child, your child's interests and accomplishments, and/or your child's experiences in school to date.
8. If you would like to apply for financial aid, but did not make the request on the application, please notify the Admissions Office and Financial Aid Office.
ALL APPLICATION COMPONENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED AT TRINITY SCHOOL BY MONDAY 7 JANUARY.