1. Submit the completed application
. Please do not submit an application fee
. We will request an application fee if we are able to interview your family.
It will be helpful for us to have a photograph
of your child. Please mail one (with your child’s name and the grade sought written on the back) if you have one available. We prefer a small photo of your child’s face, but feel free to send an alternate shot if it is more convenient for you.
Admissions Office 5-12
139 West 91st Street
New York NY 10024
: New students enter Trinity at Kindergarten, and the vast majority of those students remain with us through 12th grade. Occasionally, a student in grades 4-6 leaves the school, creating an opening for a new student in our 5th, 6th, or 7th grade. We do not expect to know if we will have openings, or how many we may have, until the middle of the academic year
. A grade may have no openings at all for new students or it may have one or two. It is highly unusual for us to fill more than a very small number of places.
We would like to be able to consider your child for any openings that may occur. We will most likely schedule interviews during the early winter
for grades 5-7. After we determine where openings may exist, we will contact you
We regret the uncertainty that you will face during the next few months.
3. Arrange for testing
: Applicants for grades 5, 6, and 7 should register for the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) by contacting the Educational Records Bureau in Manhattan (New York NY) online or by phone. You must indicate that Trinity should receive a score report. We prefer that applicants take the test early in the fall
. Our ISEE school code is 334090.
4. Ask a current teacher of English, history, math, or science to fill out the reference form
. Please provide the teacher with a stamped envelope, addressed to our office (see address above). We want to receive the reference at the end of your child’s first fall term
If you would like to submit more than one reference, you may make copies of the form.
5. Submit the transcript release form to your child’s school
so that we can receive a transcript after your child’s first fall term
6. There are no Trinity School student essay questions to answer for our application, however we will evaluate the essay writing sample produced during standardized testing.
7. Parents may submit a statement about their child. This statement is optional. If you would like to submit a statement, please tell us anything that will help the committee to know your child. You may wish to discuss why you think that Trinity School is a good match for your child, your child's interests and accomplishments, and/or your child's experiences in school to date. ALL APPLICATION COMPONENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED AT TRINITY SCHOOL BY MONDAY 8 JANUARY.