Thank you for your interest in Trinity’s Kindergarten! The application for the 2024-2025 school year is now available. Please read through the procedures below. Click here
to create an account in our admissions portal in Finalsite and apply for the 2024-2025 school year. After applying, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. Important process documents will be available to view in your parent portal. If applying electronically is challenging and you require a paper application, let us know right away so that we can accommodate you. The Kindergarten application will close on Tuesday, October 24, 2023.
Appointments for School Visits:
Our office contacts families directly by email to set up meeting dates. This might take several weeks. In the meantime, you will receive application status updates via email approximately every two weeks.
NOTE ABOUT APPOINTMENTS:
We are honored that you are considering Trinity in your search for a school and understand how important it is to find the right community for your family. Regrettably, we are unable to meet with all families that apply.
We typically receive more applications than we can accommodate during the months we tour and interview - early October through early January. Of course, each year is different so numbers may vary. We will offer appointments to as many families as we can within the season. In determining who we are able to meet, we are guided by a variety of factors geared towards shaping a balanced class. We seek to meet families that share our same values: a passion for learning, hard work, joy, a respect for tradition and a desire to become respectful partners and positive members of our community. We are looking for curious, happy children who are eager to learn and hail from a variety of school programs. Trinity cares deeply about diversity in the broadest sense of the word, seeking students of varied talents whose geographic, socioeconomic, racial, ethnic, gender, religious, and family backgrounds will enrich our community. We value our sibling, legacy, faculty and staff families, yet we are deeply committed to welcoming many new families every year. A committee reads applications on a daily basis, and our goal is to stay in close touch with your family throughout the process. We appreciate your interest, patience and understanding. To read more about how visits are allocated click here
Please click HERE
Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 6:00-7:00 PM
The Open House information session is optional and virtual. After registering, you will receive the Zoom link via email approximately two minutes later. The event is designed to provide you with an overview and a chance to hear from administrators, teachers and students about life at Trinity. If you are unable to attend, don't worry, as we will have recordings available. Please reach out to our office for the link following the event.
- Parent-to-Parent Virtual Roundtable
Wednesday, October 25th, 2023 - 6:00-7:00 PM
The roundtable will showcase various parent voices in the school with topics ranging from volunteer opportunities to favorite Trinity traditions.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Virtual Event
Thursday, November 9th, 2023 - 6:00-7:15 PM
Meant for families to learn more about the School’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), this event will feature a panel discussion format.
- Affinity Group Conversations virtual and in-person
We will offer opportunities to speak to members of our many affinity groups virtually and in person. Dates for these group conversations in mid November will be available soon.
*More details and information on how to join remotely will be made available closer to the dates of the events.
- Financial Aid Virtual Workshops
We will offer optional workshops to better understand the financial aid process at Trinity and answer any questions you might have. These workshops will be held on Thursday, October 26 and Tuesday, November 7 from 6-7pm.
For more information about financial aid please click here
- Parent/Guardian Tour: Led by a current Trinity parent, two families at a time will walk through the entire campus to see classrooms in action and the various facilities we enjoy such as the pool, gym, labs and more. (If walking for long stretches or stairs is difficult please let us know in advance so we can modify your tour.)
- Parent/Guardian Interview: Parents/Guardians will interview with a member of the admissions team to discuss your child and our school program.
- Child Visit: At the same time as the parent/guardian conversation, your child will have the chance to do some fun, child-friendly activities with another member of our team. This meeting is intimate as there are just two children at a time in a warm and welcoming space.
- If your child is enrolled in an early childhood program that will allow someone from our team to visit in-person or virtually, our office will organize this directly with the school. If your child is in a public school or at a program that we are unable to connect with, we will schedule a play session on a Saturday in a Trinity classroom. Whether we go to your school’s classroom or host a play session at Trinity, both experiences are valuable to see your child at play.
- We require a current school report from your child’s school. Most early childhood programs already have this report form (developed by our Admissions Association, ISAAGNY) and will send it directly to us upon completion. If you are at a non-ISAAGNY school, public school
or daycare center that does not use this report format, please ask if they will fill out a blank copy of our form and send it directly back to us this winter. If your school prefers to use their own document, we will accept that instead.
- We invite you to share one brief, current (between September 1 - December 31, 2023) video clip of your child with us. This casual observational video should not be more than 60 seconds in length. You can use your mobile phone, iPad or another device (no professional recordings, please). Spontaneous conversation may be included and is welcome. Suggested activities include: Building, drawing, painting, playdoh, imaginary play, outdoor time, etc.
Please label your video with the applicant’s name and upload directly into your Finalsite parent portal checklist. You may upload the video at any time during the fall / winter. You do not have to upload it at the same time you submit your application. If you do not have access to a device to record a video, you may email or mail us an “action” photo instead of a video.
- In accordance with the dates set by our Admissions Association, *ISAAGNY, all application components should be in our hands by Thursday, January 11, 2024. The “To Do” checklist section of your Finalsite Parent Portal will reveal if any items are missing.
(Note: Personal letters of recommendation are not required; multiple letters sent in on behalf of a family are discouraged)